Bike to Brew Galbraith Mountain Tour
Bike to Brew Galbraith Mountain Tour
Start this exceptionally fun day with a behind the scenes brewery tour before jumping on a mountain bike and riding some of the best trails Bellingham has to offer. After enjoying a delicious picnic lunch on Galbraith mountain and soaking in the views of Bellingham Bay, we will grip it and rip it on our way down to South Bellingham and visit some of the area’s most iconic craft breweries while we meander our way back north. Beer tasting and locally sourced dinner included!
- Start your day with a behind the scenes Brewery Tour!
- Mountain bike world-class trails on Lookout and Galbraith Mountains
- Leisurely bike along the interurban trail and Bellingham waterfront
- Visit three of Bellingham’s most iconic breweries
- Rotating Behind-the-Scenes Brewery Tour
- Local Craft Beer Tastings
- Scrumptious picnic lunch on Galbraith with panoramic views of the Islands
- Organic Dinner at Aslan Organic Brewing Company
- Two experienced facilitators and fun-loving guides
What’s Included in Price
- Two Craft Beer Tastings
- Behind the Scenes Brewery Tour
- Picnic Lunch on Galbraith Mountain
- Organic Dinner at Aslan Brewing Company
- Two Experienced Guides and Facilitators
You will need your proof of identification (21+ only), a mountain bike, helmet, jacket (rain is always a possibility in the northwest), water bottle, mask, an openness to learning and a sense of adventure!
For participants in need of a bike/helmet, we can coordinate rentals with a local shop (hardtail and full-suspension bikes available). Email BikeNW@expint.org for details.
- Price: Inquire for Pricing
- Trip Difficulty: Mountain Biking – Intermediate to Advanced
- Mileage: 18 Miles
- Total Ride Time: 2.5 Hours
- Age Range: 21+ (Proof of ID Required)
- Terrain: Interurban, Single Track, and downhill riding on well-maintained trails
- Total Elevation Gain: 1800 ft.
- Trip Length: Full Day Excursion: 9:00 am – 6:00 PM+
- Group Size: Private Group
This adventurous day brings together two of Bellingham’s best features, exceptional handcrafted brews, and unrivaled access to world-class mountain biking! Covering an 18-mile loop of interurban and mountain biking trails around Bellingham, including over 1,500 ft of elevation gain, this trip is designed for intermediate to advanced level riders who love a good thrill while learning about and supporting the local craft brewing industry. The trip is a full day experience and includes 2.5-3 hours of total riding time (Bike Rentals are available upon request).
The trip begins at 9:00 am at Kulshan Brewing Company (1538 Kentucky St. Bellingham) and we will kick things off with a behind the scenes brewery tour! After gaining first-hand experience brewing classic Pacific NW ales with the pros, this tour will get participants’ hearts thumping with a steady climb up through Whatcom Falls Park and into the Lookout Mt. Open Space Reserve. Up on the mountain, we will break for an included picnic lunch prepared with local ingredients while soaking up views of Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands. After we’ve had a chance to digest, we’ll cruise over to Galbraith Mountain and shred some of the area’s infamous trails while we work our way back down to the sea, a nearly 1,700 ft descent!
After the thrilling ride, we will be ready to begin celebrating the day’s accomplishments at Stone’s Throw Brewery in the Historic Fairhaven District. From there we can enjoy a relaxed ride along the waterfront interurban trail to downtown Bellingham where dinner and brews will be waiting at Aslan Brewing Company – a favorite local organic brewery and certified B Corp! We will finish the day back at nearby Kulshan Brewing Company, right where our adventure began.
We are committed to supporting our local community – food for our programs is sourced from local providers and sustainable producers.
Light snacks and refreshments are always on hand, just ask your friendly guide if you are hungry or run out of water.
Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions on your registration and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
A pre-packaged picnic lunch for the program is included and will be prepared fresh to order on the day of the program by local licensed food providers. After program registration and 30 days before the trip start date, participants will receive a menu from which to select food preferences for meals.
An organic dinner featuring locally-sourced ingredients is provided for this program by Aslan Brewing Company, a certified B Corp and organic brewery in Bellingham WA that has been committed to placing people, the planet, and exceptional craft beer before profits since 2012. After program registration and 30 days before the trip start date, participants will receive a menu from which to select food preferences for meals.
Reservations and Registration
To begin reserving your private Bike Northwest tour, please take a moment to fill out the custom trip information form by clicking the button below.
Your reservation is official once we have received your deposit and confirmed it by email or phone (typically within 48 hours).
Relaxed Cancellation Policy
- A $100 (per person) trip deposit: due upon booking your reservation.
- Full payment: due no later than 30 days before trip date. (A reminder email will be sent to you 60 days before trip date.)
- Cancellations made more than 30 days before your trip date are refunded in full, minus the deposit, or you can request a credit voucher for the full value of your trip toward a future EI trip.
- Cancellations made fewer than 30 days before the trip date will receive a credit voucher for the full value of the trip toward a future EI trip.
- If Experience International is forced to cancel the event for any reason (such as unsafe weather conditions) all participants will receive full credit toward a future trip (or a refund if you are unable to use the credit).
“We were part of two international tours organized by Experience International to Latin America. Both experiences were stirring, eye-opening, heart-warming-fantastic! The folks at Experience International are top-notch professionals! Trip itineraries were clearly constructed with knowledge and respect for the people and places we were visiting. Throughout our trips, we were in awe of the remarkable attention to detail, safety, and participant experience.”
"Working with Experience International was a treat. We began planning our tour a year in advance and EI was willing to work with the other coordinators and me to make sure our needs were met... I highly recommend Experience International for their study tour coordination and guide services."
"Experience International worked hard to understand our trip objectives, met with our leadership cohort to get a better sense of the group, and leveraged their relationships to assure the trip was tailored to our needs. It is not an exaggeration to say that EI bent over backwards to assure our experience was educational, safe, and impactful. They frequently adjusted our itinerary (even on the fly) to respond to topics and places of interest from the group."