Sea to Table Bicycle Tour
Sea to Table Half-Day Bicycle Tour
Jump on a bike, gain behind-the-scenes access to the Bellingham’s Dockside Market, and explore Bellingham’s unique working waterfront, all while learning about the critical role that salmon play in this bioregion and how members from across our community are working together to preserve their future and the local industries that depend on them
- Explore our Working Waterfront & Fishing Industry
- Discovery Learning at Salmon Hatchery
- Visit Bellingham’s Dockside Market and Celebrate Maritime Heritage
- Learn how salmon and kelp harvest form a critical part of PNW indigenous cultural heritage
- Get the inside story on the Bellingham Waterfront Redevelopment
- Travel with experienced, fun-loving guides
Prefer to set up this trip as a private group tour on the dates of your choice? Call us at 360-966-4059 or visit our custom trip page HERE.
What’s Included in Price
- Fun-loving guide throughout the trip
- Light lunch/snacks at Bellingham’s Dockside Market
- All visits and facilitated activities
You will need a jacket (rain is always a possibility in the northwest), a water bottle, a mask, an openness to learning, and a sense of adventure.
For participants in need of a bike/helmet, we can coordinate rentals with a local shop (e-bicycle options available). Email BikeNW@expint.org for details.
- Price: $100 per person (Groups of 3 or more receive a 15% discount and youth under 18 accompanied by an adult are 50% off)
- Trip Difficulty: Easy
- Mileage: 5 Miles
- Total Ride Time: under 1 Hour
- Age Range: Teens-Adults (minors must be accompanied by a supervising adult)
- Terrain: Street and Interurban Trail riding on compacted gravel
- Trip Length: Half Day Excursion: 9am – 2pm
- Group Size: 10-15 people
Example Trip Summary (Exact Route Varies with Season)
This journey around Bellingham’s waterfront covers mostly flat terrain on both streets w/ bike lanes and some interurban trail riding on compacted gravel and is suitable for beginner-level cyclists.
The ride begins at 9 am at the Bellingham Farmers Market Building on Maple St. and will start by traversing the waterfront north while we search for salmon and harbor seals. At nearby Squalicum Harbor, we will have the chance to speak with members of the Working Waterfront Coalition and learn about the fishing industry. Next, we will visit Bellingham’s Dockside Market, a special opportunity to meet our local fishermen and women and grab some delicious bites fresh from the sea. Our next stop is at the local salmon hatchery where we will meet with experts and hatchery instructors while looking for returning salmon!
We will finish the ride at Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro, where you can choose to stay and continue the conversations with your new friends over a meal and a cold brew.
We are committed to supporting our local community – food for our programs is always sourced from local providers and sustainable producers. Light snacks are always on hand, just ask your friendly guide if you are hungry or run out of water.
Mid-day vittles will be provided during the ride. If you wish, stay and have a late lunch at Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro (no host) with your new-found friends. Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro is Bellingham’s longest operating, independently owned craft brewery. Since Boundary Bay began Saving the Ales in 1995, they have specialized in three things: creating delicious beer, serving amazing local food, and supporting the Bellingham community. We could think of no better place to kick back and enjoy after this splendid ride than with our good friends at Boundary Bay Brewery.
Reservations and Registration
To reserve your Bike Northwest tour, please take a moment to fill out the reservation form by clicking the button below.
Your reservation is official once we have received your deposit and confirmed it by email or phone (typically within 48 hours).
Relaxed Cancellation Policy
- $50 (per person) trip deposit: due upon booking your reservation.
- Full payment: due no later than 30 days before trip date. (A reminder email will be sent to you 60 days before trip date.)
- Cancellations made more than 30 days before your trip date are refunded in full, minus the deposit, or you can request a credit voucher for the full value of your trip toward a future EI trip.
- Cancellations made fewer than 30 days before the trip date will receive a credit voucher for the full value of the trip toward a future EI trip.
- If Experience International is forced to cancel the event for any reason (such as unsafe weather conditions) all participants will receive full credit toward a future trip (or a refund if you are unable to use the credit).
“We were part of two international tours organized by Experience International to Latin America. Both experiences were stirring, eye-opening, heart-warming-fantastic! The folks at Experience International are top-notch professionals! Trip itineraries were clearly constructed with knowledge and respect for the people and places we were visiting. Throughout our trips, we were in awe of the remarkable attention to detail, safety, and participant experience.”
"Working with Experience International was a treat. We began planning our tour a year in advance and EI was willing to work with the other coordinators and me to make sure our needs were met... I highly recommend Experience International for their study tour coordination and guide services."
"Experience International worked hard to understand our trip objectives, met with our leadership cohort to get a better sense of the group, and leveraged their relationships to assure the trip was tailored to our needs. It is not an exaggeration to say that EI bent over backwards to assure our experience was educational, safe, and impactful. They frequently adjusted our itinerary (even on the fly) to respond to topics and places of interest from the group."